Module monitors a remote TCP service.
Following charts are drawn per host:
* Time required to connect to a TCP port.
Displays latency in 0.1 ms resolution. If the connection failed, the value is missing.
* Connection successful
* Could not create socket: possible DNS problems
* Connection refused: port not listening or blocked
* Connection timed out: host or port unreachable
server: host: 'dns or ip' # required port: 22 # required timeout: 1 # optional update_every: 1 # optional
- The error chart is intended for alarms, badges or for access via API.
- A system/service/firewall might block netdata’s access if a portscan or
similar is detected.
- Currently, the accuracy of the latency is low and should be used as reference only.