TCP endpoint monitoring with Netdata¶
Monitors TCP endpoint availability and response time.
Following charts are drawn per host:
- Time required to connect to a TCP port. Displays latency in 0.1 ms resolution. If the connection failed, the value is missing.
- Connection successful
- Could not create socket: possible DNS problems
- Connection refused: port not listening or blocked
- Connection timed out: host or port unreachable
python.d/portcheck.conf configuration file using
edit-config from the your agent’s config
directory, which is typically at
cd /etc/netdata # Replace this path with your Netdata config directory, if different sudo ./edit-config python.d/portcheck.conf
server: host: 'dns or ip' # required port: 22 # required timeout: 1 # optional update_every: 1 # optional
- The error chart is intended for alarms, badges or for access via API.
- A system/service/firewall might block Netdata’s access if a portscan or similar is detected.
- Currently, the accuracy of the latency is low and should be used as reference only.